Group Market Share: Disability & Life
See market and rate level benchmarks that will help you develop competitive strategies and target untapped market potential, all based on facts, data and logic. Our tool allows insurance carriers to understand their competitive position and make strategic decisions on what, where and how to sell. GMS aggregates data from across the industry and provides participants with a secure, web-based suite of data mining and report tools.
Since 2001, Group MarketShare has served insurance carriers by providing powerful competitive intelligence tools representing 95% of the U.S. Group Disability market and 80% of the U.S. Group Life market. Our databases support the following products:
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
How does it work?
Group MarketShare compiles and manages a database of detailed market performance statistics supplied by group insurance companies. Participating companies access the data through Retego’s patented, interactive web-based data mining system. With this data, participating companies can identify areas of competitive advantage, build on successes and protect in-force business in order to maximize profitability and growth.
Each client company gets access to powerful market information while confident that the data they provide and their own competitive performance statistics remain anonymous. Our patented software prevents any company from drilling into the database to a point where they could isolate the market position of any other specific contributing company. Reports and analytics never list data by individual company.
From actuarial to sales and marketing, insurance companies are using Group MarketShare to answer questions about rating, plan design, broker coverage, and sales strategy.
What are the benefits?
- Data set is unique to this tool – it cannot be purchased from any other source
- Web based analytics tools are available 24x7 from any device
- Reports are easy to export and are presentation ready
- Data is updated quarterly – giving you timely information
- Simple annual fee - no per user fees
- User Training is included in the fee, and the tool is flexible and easy to use!
Group Market Share gives you the data and tools to answer these questions:
- How competitive is my carrier versus other carriers by state? Which states might have opportunities for growth/expansion?
- What is our trend in market share for groups with 500-1000 lives?
- What brokers control a business segment, by metro area, and which ones do we not yet do business with?
- What plan design features are most popular for groups of a particular size and type?